With funds raised by the Faro Cemetery Restoration Fund Inc. the historic Faro Jewish Cemetery was restored and rededicated at an impressive ceremony in 1993, since which the cemetery and its small museum is open to public.
The museum houses many items that illustrates the history of 'The Faro Jewish Heritage Centre.' Furniture preserved from one of the two defunct 19th and 20th century Faro synagogues are displayed as centrepieces in the new museum.
The land for the Cemetery in Faro was purchased in December 1851, however there are graves dating back to 1838. The Faro Jewish Cemetery is now listed in the Cemeteries classification as a Place of Public Interest.